Dream Date!!

Twas an sober afternoon in the school.. 2 days to go to the valentines day.. we were a group of people in the university library lobby talking aimlessly about the Vday since none of us had anything to do on that day yet again... i was kinda getting restless and was about to leave the gathering for my favourite siesta... just i was about to leave the gathering i saw her.. my friends saw her & they were'nt overly impressed.. i was kinda impressed with her for some reason though.. During that time one of my friend cracked a joke & had the entire gang howling with laughter coincidentally i was staring at her at that time.. she glanced towards us & gave a wicked stare.."Not a First good impression though i thought!!!!!"


i quickly left the spot to the study room & was getting ready to sleep, but somehow my mind was pondering over the new gal i met.. i was glancing at the assignment paper which was due next week i was literally in another dimension pondering about it deeply that i didnt notice the person who came next to me.. restless i was i put the assignment paper back to my bag & was about to crash when i saw the person sitting next to me.. no guesses needed it was the second instance.. i saw her looking at me.. i smiled..

Her:Hi...How are you??? Do you remember me??

Me: (!!!!!!!!!! didnt know wat to say) i remember meeting you somewhere but i dont remember the spot...(worst possible reply anyone could ever give)

Her:(laughed out loud..) I totally could see that you dont even remember me.. i remember you very well from our last visit.

Me: (I used to be so proud of my brilliant memory..shoot it failed me for first time) he he..sorry i couldnt recollect.. i guess i am getting old!

Her: (she giggled looking at my dumb expression) For a second i thought you would recognize me...especially after recognizing Bronte sisters & Mycroft Holmes in a flash..

Me:( It struck me like a lightning..how could i have forgotten her??? she was one of my competitors in a quiz event in anna univ those were the break qns which got us the win) ahh..i remember you... (oops i forgot her name we even talked for sometime after the event.. i forgot her name in the euphoria of winning)

Her: (giggled even more...then i noticed carefully she was beautiful when she laughed...) So Venki how are things with you?? still a sharp shooter & a chicken addict i hope..

Me:(perplexed..she remembered my name even after 3 years..i was thoroughly impressed..she was there in the game event & also she remembered the screen name i used for the game event..chicken addict!!) Am doing great.. when did you come here??? (i forgot her name..how do i ask it...after she recollected so much about me..please god shower me her name!!! )

Her: ( had a wry smile on her face!) i came this semester i saw you couple a times after i got here.. but never had the opportunity to talk to you untill today..good thing i caught up with you today... (she wanted to make me speak me more to check if i remember her name!!)

Me: (damn it..damn it..) sweet!! i didnt expect to see you here either.. well to be frank i forgot your name...( gave a stupid face!)

Her:(wry smile broadened..damn i lost in memory of all the things ) i thought so.. i wouldnt blame you though..3 years is indeed a long time.. i am rathi(she gave her hand,atlast i recollected her name....)

thats how the remarkable turnaround of events started kinda felt bad that i couldnt recollect names in an instant like usual.. i shook her hand.. then we were chatting for 5 minutes in that time an interrupt..perfect bear in the pooja arrived.. it was her roomie.. i knew the other gal because i saw her ..she turned towards me & said we will meet again sooner!! i said good bye to her!!

i couldnt sleep after that for a while.. i went for a coffee after a strong coffee..i took the bus to get home.. as soon as i got in the bus.. i saw her again..both of us looked into each other same exact time..she signalled me to sit next to her.. i did the same..both of us got into comfort zone pretty quickly & we were chatting like thick buddies right away..as were reaching the destination..i wanted the conversation to continue..i was about to ask her if she could join me for some coffee..she said to me that it was a brilliant weather to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee.. i smiled & we went to the coffee shop..

i told her it was the third coffee for my day..she told it was her fourth.. she surpassed me yet again... with the cup of coffee we were making long detour to her place..which was 5 minutes far from the place where i stayed.. as we were about to reach her place..we met her another friend of hers who came running & hugged her saying "Happy Birthday" to which she remarked..its not her bday untill midnite arrives.. i was watching this without saying a word.. then as her friend left..she called me inside her house..i made up an excuse saying i have to meet another friend & told her i will definitely meet her over the weekend & left.

As i left the house..i was wondering..whether it was fate or divine intervention..through someway i learnt that it was her bday the very first nite i met her after a while.. i decided to act right away(impulse driven i was..)..did a long walk to the greeting shop..picked up a greeting card & a huge chocalate bar..(she was talking on & on about chocalates to me in the bus) well i was thinking whether i could be hasty in speeding up things..i wanted to be sure..i tossed a coin..bingo..it was in my favour..i was waiting for the midnite...

i didnt know anyone in her place.. i could be gatecrashing a party.. what if everyone is asleep..
i was going crazy with questions!! but i thought ditch it all.. its indeed worth a try.. i went to her place..i didnt know it was either upstairs or downstairs..then i saw another girl approaching the house.. the gal was the one who i met earlier... lady luck was well & truly with me..she waved to me & took me through the side door with her..once i entered her house.. it wasnt a big party like i thought it would be..it was filled with seven people.. 5 gals & 2 guys including me..other guy was giving me a wild stare..i acted as if i didnt even see him.. she wasnt there in the house..seems the plan was to divert her from her home @ midnite and others eagerly waiting in the dark to surprise her when she entered the door..we got the ack missed call that she was approaching the house.. we lighted the candles & were waiting with ballons & stuff...i was enjoying that thoroughly every moment of it...

the door opened..everyone of us shouted happy bday..for a second she was startled... she was surprised to the core..she was very happy to see the people waiting for her.. finally she glanced at me..i was sure of a glint in her eye.. she wanted to say something but her friends were buzzing around her.. it was a formal bday celebration i was so tempted to smash an egg on her but kinda controlled my excitement..since i knew her only on that day.. soon it was time for everyone to depart.. i was waiting for all bears to leave..so i could get to say a proper good bye atleast...my turn came..i gave her the card & the chocs.. she giggled after she read my card.. she told me..you made it up for forgetting my name & said that it was a really sweet gesture on my part & my caption was brilliant at its best, i knew that she was mad since i didnt remember her name. she looked at card & chocs once again., i could see very clearly that she was totally shocked by my visit & then she gave me a warm hug :D


i wished her again & was about to leave.. she asked me what i was about to do? i told her i wanted to do some online gaming & some movies before i crash.. she asked me the movie name i told her it was the Friday the 13th the old movie & was going to watch it again to commemorate the new movie which is being released on the same day.. she asked if i could watch the movie with her saying she also loved horror movies..i asked her if she really wanted to watch that movie on her birthday??? she nodded happily saying yes...here we go again i thought..


well as it turned out..she was a real horror movie buff..she matched every statistic i put up from wes craven movies to john carpenter movies.. & had seen all the gothic stuff.. i asked her if she had watched friday the 13th already for which she told she watched the one untill Freddy vs jason..i even missed couple a flicks because of the redundancy in the movies...she told she also wanted to watch the new friday the 13th on the first eve itself.. it was crystal clear from the fact she liked spending time with me.

well she took out her laptop & we did a couple of NFS games..she was pretty good..we discussed just about everything... she watched DBZ with me & she said she liked it..it was like watching the song in the movie alagan..time flew by..it was morning both of us didnt have fatigue of sleeplessness.. i had to leave for work..i blurted out saying it was one of the best days ever.. she gave a warm hug once again saying i made her day..before i left she got my number & offcourse i smashed an egg on her which was her first ever smash!!!

i came home...things were happening way too fast i thought.. but it was a memorable night i was about to make an entry in the diary.. my phone rang..no guesses needed it was her again..she asked me if i could join her for the birthday treat she is giving to her friends..i gave my approval.. luckily i didnt have to work on that evening...

evening came... i went to her place sharp as planned.. she was ready waiting for me...she looked absolutely stunning in her new robe she was wearing..she was stunning to say the least. i remarked saying she was the beautiful bday baby i have ever seen..she giggled..she looked stunning even more..i didnt expect we were going to a full fledged restaurant.. i was still in my tees.. she asked me to get formal.. for that sake i changed to complete formals..ppl whoever i crossed on the way to her house asked me if there was an interview on that day... since i am not the one who wears formals pretty easily...

well both of us came to the spot.. it was a pretty sweet restaurant as the one in the movies...i told her it was a perfect spot for a first date.. for which she replied it is.. i looked around & found nobody else but me & her..i asked her where the others were?? to which she replied she had only invited me..

it hit me like anything..it was a date.. i didnt ask her anything except that we were staring at each other for 2 minutes..then i finally said thanks...she smiled & said it was her pleasure all along.. then this time there was a heightened tension between us..the air was growing little thicker..i was groping for the right words to put up... but was holding up on my own some how without showing my anxiety..heard..read about it.. but nothing like having the divine feeling.. we were talking for so long that we forgot to eat... she said to me i had lost my appetite..i acked saying only for the past 2 days.. she smiled & she didnt say a word..

it was an amazing dinner to say the least.. i asked her what she wanted to do..she wanted to see the Friday the 13th... it was too late to get into the movie by then..so we were walking along aimlessly for sometime then we returned to my place..she came to my room...she told me she wanted to spend some more time with me...i smiled & the same thing happened again.. yet again..floodgates have opened atlast i thought..we discussed everything below the sky & had some wonderful arguments...

she was the first to wish me Happy valentines day..i wished her back.. i wondered how things can change in a matter of just 2 days.. all the wait was really worth it..i thought!!! All the time she was leaning on my shoulders & we kept talking aimlessly untill it was morning again..she remarked she never had experienced days like this before..with anyone else & said she couldnt interpret it with normal words...i acquiesced saying.. i understand.. & for the first time i hugged her & wished her once again... before she was about to leave.. i thought of making the move then & there..i noticed that she was about to say something.. i asked her what she was about to say..she started blushing for the first time & said nothing... i pressed on her to reveal it..she giggled & blushed & said she will tell through the phone & ran away...

I was stunned..amazing wouldnt even be filling to measure the intensity i am interpretting right now...

In 5 minutes time..i got the call...It was her.....Phone was ringing....

















Phone rang....I picked up the phone...

Me: Hello..so you have decided??

Other end: ya machan.. shall we go to tandoor for lunch now?

Me: wat?????

Other end: we planned yesterday la to spend the day there..

Me: (It was my friend i just realize now..I slept for more than half a day..Dream all of it???) Okay machan..we shall..( i cut the call)

Holy crap..if only he could have called 5 mts later...God Damn it!!!




Moral of the Story: Never put your phone on loud mode on Morning of Valentines day!



P.S: Have you ever had a Dream that you thought was so real... If at all you woke up how would you ever know the real world from the dream world????

I have always been inspired thoroughly by the works of O.Henry, Christopher Nolan & Wachowski brothers, I wont give a disclaimer saying everything here was fictional, like my galvanizers would always make it with a thin line between reality & dreamworld & a lil O.Henry ending..i wanted my readers to visualize things here!!! Welcome to my world!!!


Comments

Chaitali said…
It sounded so perfect, that I thought it was not true.
Since I had read other articles, i was expecting something horror.
Rocket said…
Too much of a disappointing end. I was more glued to it n was waiting for the magical words as if I were at your position. Too bad Venky ji.

Still i'll have you in mind for a great script writing and presentation irukkae, class.. Simply pulled me, definitely crowd puller writing.

Great Work. Pls keep it coming. Go on..

Popular Posts