Deathly Hallows

Thank god the series of movies have come to halt. The fanaticism I used to have for Harry Potter waned once I read LOTR and saw the epic movie trilogy. Technically speaking in my perspective all movies from the third never really were portrayed likewise in the movie. I had very less hopes while i went to the theater today and my instincts were spot on. It once again brought me to square one thought process saying "Why do they change  the core basic aspects of the story, especially the ending duel dialogues between Harry & Voldemort!!"

I was happy only with just a single aspect in the movie which was the portrayal of the Severus Snape's pensieve moments if only the director had the vision to see it through till the end.

Below is the scene which struck me while I was watching the movie's finale as the striking part between the ending of LOTR and HP. It won't be a fair comparison to equate the legendary masterpiece of J.R.R Tolkien & Peter Jackson's visionary movie making skills to lackluster movie making skills of Warner Bros Production. The below scene sums up my emotions.


Why can't HP movie makers take a little leaf out of Peter Jackson's book. Only icing on the cake in watching the movie today was the first peek at Dark Knight Rises. Can't wait!!




Comments

Popular Posts