Correlation

This wasn't supposed to be the time I was about to blog. Especially in a week where I have been amazingly productive by my standards. I have been pretty much so absorbed on work and I didn't even put my headphones on while at work. I finally realized it pretty late and decided to use my headphones when i decided to play this.


The reason I got tempted to play this tune was the fact that I was watching this movie last night and I was about to rent the movie from Amazon Video and when I was hopelessly checking on my netflix instant queue to see if the movie is present on my list and I was startled for once netflix gave me a movie to watch instantly which I was eagerly looking forward to watch for quite some time (may be its my new found obsession for Bill Murray you can say). I didn't expect to like the movie so much but this music tune in the movie kept reverberating for the entire morning. I wish they made movies like this which shows the candid nature of us mortal humans and in a way after a long time I was able to concur myself with Bill murray's character a lot (though I am not tempted to divulge the information out here though may be because chicks dig me :P). Anyways back to the main issue.

As I was listening to this I found a small note of this wonderful soundtrack correlate to one of my favorite tracks of last year. Shazam would've lost terribly to me in my searching skills cause I was that quick in identifying that.  I repeat again its just that one little fraction of the tune between 0.25 and 0.27 which got me the relation to this.


Yes. Rango suite by Hans Zimmer probably one of my favorite movies of last year featured some amazing soundtrack. Once you listen to the music for the first one minute you can see the same transition being the core component of this soundtrack.  I love Hans Zimmer and you can find plenty of my allusions to his music directly or indirectly on my blog. I tend to associate every bit of music to a point of time in my life and this music made the cut to transport me to last February, I am not sure when the movie came out but I was obsessed with that soundtrack and it was one of those tracks which was very much looping through my YouTube playlist then.

Most amazing thing happens to be the fact that I was giving my Amazon interviews during this time last year.   There was a story about it which I didn't add last year because I was too upset to post it then. Well my first Amazon interview was scheduled during this time last year and I put it very early on the first possible date because the previous year I happened to reschedule my interview 2 times before I flunked out on my third phone interview. Last year was different I cracked the phone interview and was probably the best time of last year where in I learned quite a bit of stuff specifically because of that interview and my obsession in getting a job with Amazon. 

Well as it turned out no matter how well we plan? Fate has something in store for us all the time. Last year it happened to be that accident on I-495 N on Boston which put the wrench on my flight plans and made me miss my flight to Seattle. I was bummed out and more importantly my friend who took me to the airport was  more bummed out. It wasn't a major problem for Amazon though who made a quick reschedule couple of weeks later but sadly though, Even after a wonderful interview the next time around I was unable to get the job.

Ironically as per Amazon's rule they aren't supposed to bring in the same person for another set of interviews until six months passes by, which pretty much ruled me out for the Amazon's Boston tour when they came down to Boston for conducting the interviews when they came there on August. I realize now if i had indeed taken the one earlier where i missed the flight even if i didn't get a job during that time I would've been able to make the one later in Boston but the 2 week delay was the thing which costed me for the second time where I felt I would've definitely cleared Amazon face-face then for I felt that I was on a whole different level then. (Yes the phase where I was invited to Google in-house and same time I was talking to 4 different teams on Microsoft at the same time).

It's all an amazing series of events now that I recollect it. I was eventually able to get multiple offers but the Amazon thing was something which was something I put my heart on, It wasn't really about the money but rather on a personal satisfaction to confirm my improvement which I felt was very significant.  Irony seems to be the fact when 3 different people from Amazon contacted me after I took my job in Kansas City. I was a point where I wanted to just sit back and relax my mind which was put through an intense six month period and  I wanted to honor the clause which I accepted and the fact which I am very happy about for I am loving my work and quite possibly the serene time in the past 2 years at Kansas City.

Right enough nostalgia, back to point I was driving at. I mean with the music remember? It could be the fact that 2 great musical minds could think very much alike and end up with the same tone or It could be the fact Hans Zimmer could very much have been inspired by that track or It could be something random which could very much be my hallucination which is quite similar to the fact I could have a got a job if i didn't miss a flight (this makes me feel very good) or the very day my flight could have plunged into the sea or the universe could have gone into the black hole which is caused by my moving there on that same day. It could have led to an entire series of events which would parallel the Star trek's alternate reality.


As i was typing this. I ended up getting this soundtrack on my playlist. Really. This is what I call it as correlation leading to coincidence.




Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts