Grandest Finale Ever

Even as a veteran of watching a decade of EPL seasons this Survival Sunday gave me a panic attack. 9 games concurrently. Manchester city defined all odds. As Martin Tyler rightly pointed out "We will never see something like this ever again,". Manchester city did a Manchester united to win the title. Aguero's strike still reverberating in my vision in an endless for loop.

I wanted to add a little touch to the tale of this wonderful season. First switching my focus to the Los Blancos who scored a century of points. 100/114 points is a herculean feat. I hardly doubt even Real madrid would be able to top that come next season. Real played like champions all season and netting 121 goals in the process. I was on cloud 121 when Ozil ran the closing curtains with Brace. I am proud about what Mourinho has done after years of lurking in Barcelona's shadows madrid rose like a phoenix. (Even the most hardest of Barcelona fans would've to admit that Madrid were the better side). To me Madrid had the best ever counter attacking football among the European contingency despite the fact that they are out of the champions league. (Hoping Khedira and Ozil take it up the next level in Euros and I am flaunting my #10 Madrid Jersey in pride)

On Serie A same success story Juventus made the headlines for all the right reasons this time. Etching their name on the list of Invincibles to win the tournament. Alessandro Del Piero should be an embodiment to the current set of players in Europe right now.

It's going to be tough 3 months without Football for me. Thankfully Euro will make it not that much of a wait for me. On the other side I am hoping Blues will add another glory to EPL by winning champions league this season. 

My players of the Season.

PREMIER LEAGUE: Vincent Kompany (Well and truly the wall backing City's offense took the game by the collar against United), Robin Van Persie (Only difference between Arsenal and Liverpool is him) and Luis Suarez (Anfield Sensation lost count of all his nutmegs and for all the right reasons). 
BUNDESLIGA: Matt Hummels (BVB09)
LA LIGA: CR7 (Scored against all teams and his lightning bolts cannot be scored by Messi..Period!), Mesut Ozil (No wonder why kaka and sahin were on bench all season), Javi Martinez (Would love to see him in Liverpool colors), Mascherano (Barcelona would've been even poorer in defense if not for him this season) 
SERIE A: Del Piero, Pirlo &  Ibrahmovic ( I haven't seen much of other games to really put a list out on SERIE A except that last month or so)


Comments

Popular Posts