Kaleidoscope

Been quite a while since i posted a metaphorically stimulating post.. never had the liberty to contemplate that freely during these past 2 months..had a really brilliant day to say the least.. the euphoria after accomplishing something really successful(after 2-3 weeks of toiling hard work) is the very trigger for an avalanche of thought processes..

I got tempted to read the "The Cop & the Anthem" by O.Henry, who happened to one of the very short story writers i really admire a lot after i read about the snowy weather predictions for the  diwali weekend suddenly i remembered the soapy character in the story looking at the signs which point towards the arrival of winter(i am not drawing any similarity to me & soapy here) so finished reading the story & for the people who didn't have a chance to read it, they can find it here which reminds me of the fact that i haven't had the privilege of reading short stories off late. O.Henry is captivating in that sense and i even tried my hand in amateur short story once through my blog here.

As soon as i finished traversing the story i wrote here in my space last semester. My weather widget beeped snow...i rushed to the window to see the first glimpse of the snow this fall..its my third winter in buffalo i can consider myself a veteran right now.. but the sight of snow is so beautiful that you can't help admiring its beauty forever.. i never hated the buffalo snow i only hate the  windy cold weather..seeing the snow around on a day when i have nothing to do will make me really cheerful for some reason. it made me to quote one of my favorite frosty verses below.

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree


Has given my heart
A change of mood
And save some part
Of a day I had rued

Isn't Frost Amazing.. as soon as i saw the snow falling i had a sudden urge to drink some very strong coffee to admire the occasion even more fully... i enjoyed the little snowfall with coffee and Kashmir song by Led Zeppelin.. it was a wonderful feeling indeed.. it reminded me off the previous fall semester even though i erased every single memory of the past..but i just cant help thinking about it.. its been a while since i moved onto a new beginning.. never had the time for the past semester to contemplate & rewind the scenarios...Life is really eventful to say the least!!

Its going to be second straight diwali i am going to miss... I am really happy that i got to spend 2 months in India during the summer.. but miss eating the awesome sweets..home food..oil bath & most of all crackers.. i love firing crackers i dont know when i will get the opportunity again??? The fact that SV is in India for diwali & i could'nt be there isnt comforting it either.. missing the gang badly!!

My Playlist has been swinging very violently Kashmir>> delhi 6>> Twisted Nerve>> Fear of the Dark>>Poove Sempoove>>Wheel of Fortune>>Nothing else Matters>>Without Question>> En Iniya Pon Nilave, i wont call it as the violent mood swing..i call it the kaleidoscope patterns..My thoughts have been running nonstop pondering from O.Henry to Frost to Diwali to even Oracle connection to C#... I feel its the  euphoria for the success in the project or may be its the romantic nexus between the Snow & the Coffee thing which acted as the catalyst for the thought process triggered. but then again i realize that Coffee gives more intoxication than alcohol(at least for me).

Easily one of the best days in buffalo..felt so good after writing this post which would look greek & latin to anyone who tries to find any pattern in it!!



Comments

Rocket said…
Buffalo le ivalavi azhagu ah. Your vision dhaan. So nice to see that you enjoy every moment.

Go on..

RAM

Popular Posts